This COUGH elixir is combining liquid herbs of Thyme, Echinacea, White Horehound, Marshmallow & Ginger, these herbs are a 1:1 extract, so for each 1ml of liquid, you get equivalent of 1gm dry herb. The dose of this cough tonic is 5mls x 3 (in a little water), anytime the immune system is low, sore throat or a cough is present.
Why choose these herbs?
- Thyme, aka Thymus Vulgaris, I call it the adaptogen for the lungs, an incredible strengthener, antiseptic & tonic, wonderful as a respiratory remedy. The antiseptic qualities of thyme make it useful for the immune system in chronic fungal infections, as well as an effective remedy for throat & chest infections, such as bronchitis, whooping cough & pleurisy. I added it to this formula specifically for the whole respiratory system.
- Echinacea, aka Echinacea spp, valuable in preventing & treating infections such as colds & flu's. I added it as its the most valuable Immune system stimulant in Western Herbal Medicine. Useful for infections of all kinds, respiratory health & a gargle for sore throats.
- White Horehound, aka Marrubium vulgare, has been a remedy for chest problems since ancient times. The Greek physician Dioscorides (AD 40-90) recommended a decoction of the herb for tuberculosis, asthma & coughs. Useful in wheeziness, bronchitis & a non-productive cough.
- Marshmallow, aka Althaea officinalis, useful whenever a soothing effect is needed, marshmallow protects & soothes the mucous membranes. Bringing relief to dry coughs, bronchial asthma bronchial catarrh & pleurisy.
- Ginger, aka Zingiber officinale, a spice & flavouring, is known as one of the world's best medicines. Ginger is warming, soothing for coughs, colds, flu & other respiratory problems.
I blended this cough elixir so that you could get relief from a chronic or acute cough. Also to prevent or treat a cold & flu. A very effective, tried remedy that I know works for so many of my clients. Yours in Good~Health Kerry.
This listing is for 1 x 200mls Herbal Blend in a Glass Amber Bottle.