This COUGH elixir is combining liquid herbs of Thyme, Echinacea, White Horehound, Marshmallow & Ginger, these herbs are a 1:1 extract, so for each 1ml of liquid, you get equivalent of 1gm dry herb. The dose of this cough tonic is 5mls x 3 (in a little water), anytime the immune system is low, sore throat or a cough is present (supply is 2 weeks).
Why choose these herbs?
- Thyme, aka Thymus Vulgaris, I call it the adaptogen for the lungs, an incredible strengthener, antiseptic & tonic, wonderful as a respiratory remedy. The antiseptic qualities of thyme make it useful for the immune system in chronic fungal infections, as well as an effective remedy for throat & chest infections, such as bronchitis, whooping cough & pleurisy. I added it to this formula specifically for the whole respiratory system.
- Echinacea, aka Echinacea spp, valuable in preventing & treating infections such as colds & flu's. I added it as its the most valuable Immune system stimulant in Western Herbal Medicine. Useful for infections of all kinds, respiratory health & a gargle for sore throats.
- White Horehound, aka Marrubium vulgare, has been a remedy for chest problems since ancient times. The Greek physician Dioscorides (AD 40-90) recommended a decoction of the herb for tuberculosis, asthma & coughs. Useful in wheeziness, bronchitis & a non-productive cough.
- Marshmallow, aka Althaea officinalis, useful whenever a soothing effect is needed, marshmallow protects & soothes the mucous membranes. Bringing relief to dry coughs, bronchial asthma bronchial catarrh & pleurisy.
- Ginger, aka Zingiber officinale, a spice & flavouring, is known as one of the world's best medicines. Ginger is warming, soothing for coughs, colds, flu & other respiratory problems.
I blended this cough elixir so that you could get relief from a chronic or acute cough. Also to prevent or treat a cold & flu. Also as a lung tonic. A very effective & tried remedy that I know works for so many of my clients. Yours in Good~Health Kerry.
This listing is for 1 x 200mls Herbal Blend in a Glass Amber Bottle.
Safety, please read all the ingredient list carefully to avoid any known allergens. The information above is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent disease. Individual results may vary.