You will recieve 2 handcrafted toothpastes;
1. My handmade 'Healthy Gum's' Toothpaste, to be used DAILY.
2. My handmade 'Whitening Toothpaste, to be used ONCE/week.
These toothpastes are made using only the finest of ingredients which are free from toxins, chemicals & artificial flavors. It is one step closer to being plastic free & environmentally responsible. The paste is also cruelty free, 100% vegan, fully recyclable containers, and for my local crew refills are 10% OFF.
Why choose these ingredients;
- Coconut Oil, naturally fights the fungal infection (candida) in your mouth. It also helps to reduce the bacteria that cause cavities & boost the micro-biome in your gut.
- Bicarb Soda, it’s alkalinity helps balance pH in the mouth. It is also a mild abrasive.
- Bentonite Clay, is a natural, gentle polish that is rich in minerals (helping to remineralise the teeth). It is also alkaline, which helps balance acidity. Lastly, it helps remove heavy metals & toxins from your mouth keeping GUMS healthy.
- Xylitol, is a sugar alcohol which also support mineralisation & it gives it a great natural flavour. Sourced from Birch Trees.
- Essential oils of Peppermint & Clove for fresh breath
- Then for whitening replacing bentonite clay with Activated Charcoal, as it has been making waves recently among the natural health community for its many applications, including teeth whitening & it contains Essential oils of Eucalyptus & Grapefruit.
The most important reason I decided to make my own toothpaste was firstly to avoid some of the harmful ingredients that are in commercial toothpastes and secondly to avoid plastic & packaging. Some of the TOXIC ingredients I wanted to avoid that are in most commercial toothpastes are;
- Propylene Glycol is used as an emulsifier in commercial toothpaste. Industrial grade versions of this mineral oil are used in antifreeze, paint, industrial enamel, & airplane de-icer.
- Glycerin is a nontoxic soap that can negatively impact the micro-biome in your mouth and impede the natural remineralisation process.
- Saccharin & other artificial sweeteners are commonly found in many commercial toothpastes. They are linked to all sorts of health issues.
- Triclosan is a known pesticide and hormone disrupter.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) is an additive that can lead to canker sores.
- Fluoride is the most controversial ingredient on this list. While there are claims that it does help to remineralise teeth, it has been linked to several health risks via multiple scientific studies.
- Other Ingredients, such as artificial colours, flavours & preservatives.
"My toothpastes are FREE of ALL nasties & my guarantee to you, is a healthier & brighter smile"